Bloomfields Fine Food is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information (where you have given it to us):
- your name
- your contact information including email address
- your demographic information such as your address
What do we do with the information?
We will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests – such as competition entries, participation in campaigns and provision of information
- process sales transactions, handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- provide a personalised service to you when you visit our websites – this could include customising the content and/or layout of pages for individual users
- record any contact we have with you
- identify contributors, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our websites
- to carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of users. This research may be carried out internally by our employees or we may ask another company to do this work for us
- communicate with customers
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you, using third parties to process your data in order to send communications
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
- we are legally required to do so by a law enforcement agency or if compelled by an order of the Court or we believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights
- we are working with a specialist partner such as a mailing house, newsletter agency, marketing agency, IT specialist or research firm that is carrying out work on our behalf. We may for instance ask them to send mail, emails, carry out research or analysis and process card payments. We only choose partners we can trust.
Storing your information
Information is stored by us and our selected providers on computers located in the UK and Europe. We may also store information in paper files.
We place great importance on the security of all personal information and we have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss of data will not occur while it is under our control or whilst it is being transferred, we use our best efforts to try to prevent this.
What we don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary for the purposes outlined above. We will keep different types of data for different amounts of time, as detailed below. For the purposes of this policy, ‘interaction’ is defined as any action taken on our website or emails, e.g. entering a competition, opening an email, changing email preferences. All timescales outlined in this policy are effective as of 25th May 2018.
- If you do not have a full account (with password), we will retain your information for 2 years after the date of your last interaction.
- If you have an account with a password, we will retain your data for 8 years after the date of your last interaction.
Bloomfields Fine Food do not retain credit card information.
After the above time periods have elapsed without any interaction, we will delete all personal information associated with your account. If you would like your data to be deleted before this time period has elapsed, we are able to do this under your Right to Be Forgotten, providing you have no active orders being processed (if so, we would advise on the earliest date at which such a request could be fulfilled).
Controlling your personal information
You can unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time by following the link at the footer of our emails. If you place an order directly with us, we will send you emails to update you on the status of that order, regardless of your opt-in status; these emails are for information only and will not be used for marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may share your personal information with third parties in order to facilitate the dispatch of competition prizes – if so, this will be clearly stated in the terms and conditions of each relevant competition, and your data will be shared securely.
If you would like to know what personal information we store, please get in touch and a member of the team will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.